Maybe it's the way the flavours all come together - regardless of the way it's prepared or its ingredients - that appeals to pizza lovers everywhere. Whatever the reason, this Tomato, Basil and Ricotta Naan Pizza is one of our very favourite ways to make a delicious homemade pizza in only 30 minutes!
|1/2 cup, grated||mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 pint (small pkg)||cherry tomatoes|
|1/4 bunch / pkg||basil|
|1/4 cup, tightly packed||ricotta cheese|
|3 large handfuls||arugula|
|1/2 (5 oz | 142 g) pkg|
|--||extra virgin olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lay 2 naan breads onto a large baking sheet.
- Peel and crush (or mince) 3 cloves garlic. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spoon mixture onto naans and spread out evenly.
- Grate 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle overtop naans.
- Wash 1/2 pint (small pkg) cherry tomatoes in a colander, cut into halves, and add to naans. Then add about 6 small spoonfuls of ricotta onto each pizza (about 1/4 cup overall). Put in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Then change setting to broil and leave in the oven for an additional 2 minutes. Meanwhile...
- Wash 1/4 bunch/pkg basil, pick off the leaves, and slice crosswise into thin ribbons.
- Wash and dry 3 large handfuls (1/2 pkg) arugula in a salad spinner and transfer to a salad bowl. Alternatively, you can wash arugula in a colander, then transfer to a clean towel and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing for salad by combining 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil with 1 tsp balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove pizzas from oven and top with basil ribbons.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve pizza with salad on the side. Enjoy 1/2 for dinner and pack up leftovers for tomorrow's lunch!