Make it in 30 minutes on the stovetop (it's not baked) and enjoy!
|1/2 lb | 227 g||lean (or extra lean) ground beef|
|1/2 (15 oz | 444 ml) can||tomato sauce|
|1/2 (28 oz | 796 ml) can||diced tomatoes|
|5-6||no-boil lasagna noodles|
|about 1/2 (9 oz | 255 g) pkg|
|1/2 cup, grated||mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup||grated parmesan cheese|
|1/2 cup, tightly packed||ricotta cheese|
|1 tsp||vegetable oil|
|1/2 tsp||red pepper flakes|
|1 tsp||italian seasoning|
- Heat a saute pan to medium heat. Once well heated, add 1 tsp vegetable oil and swirl to coat bottom. Then add 1/2 lb (227 g) ground beef. Cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned, 2 minutes.
- Peel and crush (or mince) 1 clove garlic. Once beef is browned, add garlic, 1 tsp italian seasoning, and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes. Stir with beef until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
- Break 5-6 lasagna noodles into thirds and arrange overtop ground beef. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 can tomato sauce, 1/2 can diced tomatoes, adn 1/2 cup water and pour overtop pasta. Cover pan with a lid and bring to a rapid simmer. Then reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until pasta noodles are just tender, 10 minutes. Meanwhile...
- Grate 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Wash 1/4 bunch/pkg basil, pick off leaves, and slice crosswise into thin ribbons.
- Once pasta is just tender, reduce heat to low, uncover, and sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup grated parmesan overtop. Gently mix and turn lasagna noodles so cheeses are well combined with the rest of the ingredients. Then place spoonfuls of ricotta (about 1/2 cup) on top without stirring. Finish off by sprinkling with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and another 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Cover with lid and let pasta sit until cheese is melted, 4 minutes. Finish off by sprinkling with basil ribbons.
- Enjoy 1/2 for dinner and pack up leftovers for tomorrow's lunch!